Sunday, October 5, 2008

2007 Quotes of the Year

1. "I am not gay. I never have been gay." -- US Sen. Larry Craig
2. "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow." -- Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards
3. "We don't airbrush to that extent." -- Hugh Hefner on Kelly Osbourne's chances of making it into Playboy
4. "Bill is every bit as black as Barack. "He's probably gone with more black women than Barack." - Andrew Young
5. "It has a huge cast, the series seems to go on forever, and Fred Thompson shows up at the end."- Mitt Romney on the Republican Primaries
6. "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals." -- Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
7. "I want kids next year, so I've got to get my body ready." -- Paris Hilton
8. "In a series of TV interviews this morning, Hillary Clinton said her favorite movie as a little girl was 'The Wizard of Oz'. Her favorite movie in college was 'Casablanca'. Then, after she got married it was 'Kill Bill'." -- Jay Leno
9. "Yes, I inhaled—that was the point"- Barack Obama
10. "Dumbledore is gay." -- Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling
11. "Don't Mormons Believe That Jesus And The Devil Are Brothers?" - Mike Huckabee
12. "You have permission to call me anything except sir, all right? Lord of lords, your demigodness, that'll do." -- Bono, after receiving an honorary British knighthood.
13. "There is eternal punishment for those who sin and do not repent." -- Pope Benedict XVI
14. "I will follow him to the gates of hell." -- John McCain on Osama bin Laden
15. "The average golfer's handicap is his IQ. Girls, believe me, if your hubby keeps golfing, he will soon have the brain frequency of a lower primate." -- Writer Kathy Lette
16. "They have been warned to avoid using Western hairstyles and doing men's eyebrows." -- Iranian police
17. "My God, most people would want to die if they lost $1,000 or $100,000. I've lost $40 million plus" -- Kevin Costner on his investments
18. "All levels of television broadcasters must not plan or produce sex-change or plastic surgery programs involving public participation ... effective immediately." -- The Chinese Government
19. "I was engulfed in shame." -- Amy Winehouse on her overdose.
20. "Why don't you shut up?"-- King Juan Carlos of Spain to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez
Tags: 2007

No comments: