Monday, October 6, 2008

#100: Ringo Starr

I am moving on to my top 100 rock stars. The list is derived based on success, critical acclaim, and my opinion.
This is my list, so Ringo is on it. Ringo is a very influential drummer influencing a variety of drummers ranging from Phil Collins to Alex Van Halen to Dave Grohl. His post Beatles career has been successful and he just released an album this year.
Rock Star Moment: Ringo walks out on Regis (2008). The Regis and Kelly show invited Ringo on to promote his new album. However, the producers wanted him to cut his performance in half. Ringo refused and walked out.
Essential Albums: Ringo (1973)
Signature Song: It Don't Come Easy
Ringo’s Top 10:
You're Sixteen
No No Song
It Don't Come Easy
Photograph
Back Off Boogaloo
Only You (And You Alone)
Beaucoups Of Blues
Oh My My
Liverpool 8
Weight of the World

No comments: