Sunday, December 6, 2009

Political Quotes of the Year

1. “He’s God!”

-Evan Thomas on Barack Obama

2. “Leave us alone. That’s all we want. Leave us alone.”

-Person at a health care Townhall

3. "There is certainly no pay-to-play involved, because I don't have no money,"

-Illnois Senator Roland Burris

4. "On a more serious front, I sincerely hope that when the president goes in for his annual check-up, the doctors at Bethesda will do a brain scan. Surely something must be terribly wrong with a man who seems to be far more concerned with a Jew building a house in Israel than with Muslims building a nuclear bomb in Iran."

--columnist Burt Prelutsky

5. "My husband is not secretary of state, I am. If you want my opinion I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband."

-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

6. “You lie!”

Representative Joe Wilson during an Obama speech

7. “We controlled the media for a year.”

-Anita Dunn: White House Communications Director and all around lousy human being.

8. “There’s usually not a good reason and then the third lesson and tip actually comes from two of my favorite political philosophers - Mao Tse Tung and Mother Teresa, not often coupled with each other but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point, which is you’re going to make choices.”

- Maoist Anita Dunn (quoting Mao is like quoting Hitler)

9. “China is such a populous nation, it is not as if we cannot do without a few people.”

- Chairman Mao (to add some context to Dunn's stupid comments)

10. "It's bullsh*t. It's disgraceful. You wonder which side they're on,"

- Congressman Peter King on the CIA investigation

No comments: