Thursday, December 10, 2009

2009 Quotes of the Year

1. “We’re all victims of our gene pool. Someone peed in yours.”

-Walter Bishop (John Noble) from Fringe

2. “I'm in the Batcave learning to tweet.”

-Adam West

3. “Attila liked to hang by the pool when he wasn’t raping and pillaging.”

- Documentary on Attila the Hun

4. "I started to cry and I said, 'I'll never be able to climb up that hill,' And he lifted me up in his strong, gentle arms and said something I will never forget. He said, ‘I‘ll help you if it takes all day. I know you can do it. There is nothing that you can't do.”

- Ted Kennedy Jr at his father’s funeral

5. “I’m the Reverend Jesse Jackson.”

- Jesse Jackson after being misidentified as Al Sharpton on MSNBC

6. "I think he's that good a melodist, but he's a wanker." Bono added that Martin was "obviously a completely dysfunctional character and a cretin, but he happens to be a great melodist and up there with Ray Davies, Noel Gallagher and Paul McCartney."

-Bono on Chris Martin of Coldplay

7. “I never understood how a great man, a nice guy coached the Bad Boys.”

-Charles Barkley on Chuck Daly

8. “Like Kennedy, we failed to give the Cubans air cover!”

-Pat Buchanan on Watergate

9. “There is no I in team, but there is in win.”

-A humble Michael Jordan at his induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame

10. “Kill All The Lawyers!”

- Sandra Day O’Connor at a Shakespeare reading

No comments: