Friday, April 1, 2016

Quotes of the Month: March 2016

Quote of the Month: ""Today I found myself the subject of an Internet meme. Not for the first time. This one, however, stands out from the rest. In 2010, at the lowest point in my adult life, I was looking everywhere for relief/comfort/distraction. And I turned to food. It could have been anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. But eating became the one thing I could look forward to. Count on to get me through. There were stretches when the highlight of my week was a favorite meal and a new episode of Top Chef. Sometimes that was enough. Had to be. Now, when I see that image of me in my red t-shirt, a rare smile on my face, I am reminded of my struggle. My endurance and my perseverance in the face of all kinds of demons. Some within. Some without," he says, even if the meme's existence initially took his breath away, in a bad way. "The first time I saw this meme pop up in my social media feed, I have to admit, it hurt to breathe. But as with everything in life, I get to assign meaning. And the meaning I assign to this/my image is Strength. Healing. Forgiveness. Of myself and others."
-Wentworth Miller

Stupid Quote of the Month
: “There has to be some form of punishment.”
-Donald Trump on women receiving abortions



 
 And the rest...

“Here's what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.”
-Mitt Romney

"Where Else Could Boy Born in Calgary Run for President of United States?'
-Barack Obama on Ted Cruz

"I hate the business, and I didn't want to have anything to do with it."
-Peter Buck

"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."
-Hillary Clinton

"Libya was a different kind of calculation and we didn't lose a single person.”
-Hillary Clinton

“You reap what you sow.”
-Mitch McConnell

"It's not like western countries. It is very strict and no smoking there."
-American ISIS defector

"If you believe we’ve finally come to the point where we can put the awful legacy of the last eight years behind us.”
-Bill Clinton


"Seriously?"
-Megyn Kelly to Donald Trump

"You're a sniveling coward."
-Ted Cruz to Donald Trump

“She helped create ISIS. I mean, Hillary Clinton could be considered a founding member of ISIS.”
-Rudy Giuliani


No comments: