Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Quotes of the Month: November 2012


Quote of the Month:

"I remember when I went to the ownership meetings in Colorado in August, and I was walking back from dinner with Tony La Russa (retired Cardinals manager) and we're talking about statistics and about WAR. And, no offense to the player, but when I woke up that morning they had on the (ESPN.com) site that Darwin Barney that day was ranked ahead of Miguel Cabrera in WAR. And I don't mean anything against Darwin Barney, but there wasn't a person in Major League Baseball who on that particular day would have traded Miguel Cabrera for Darwin Barney. So, when people say WAR is all-encompassing, that loses the argument to me right there."

-Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski

Stupid Quote of the month:

“Thank God for Hurricane Sandy!”

-Chris Mathews

And the rest…

“All white folks are going to hell.”

-Rev Joseph Lowery

"There's never been a day in the last four years I've been proud to be his vice president."

-Joe Biden

 “Obamacare is the law of the land.”

-John Boehner

“Israel has opened the gates of hell.”

-Qassam Brigade

“I thought you were going to win, then the hurricane happened, and gave the president a chance to be presidential, and to look bipartisan.”

-Bill Clinton to Mitt Romney

“Our Lord and savior Barack Obama.”

-Jamie Foxx

No comments: