Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sports Quotes of the Year: 2011

No order...

“We got disrespected so our gangsters went out and zipped them up.”

-A Xavier Basketball player after a brawl with Cincinnati


“But I think it does show courage from the kids, standing out and doing that, and some boldness.’’

-Tim Tebow on protests over the suspension of two students for “Tebowing.”

"I love that Jeanie Buss' boy toy had something to say about us. I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."

-Mark Cuban

“Crazy. Karma is a b—-.. Gets you every time. Its not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!”

-LeBron James after the Cavs 55 point loss to the Lakers

“LeBron James: How is that karma thing working out?”

-The Cleveland Plain Dealer after James got injured

“I take my hat off to myself.”

-Carmelo Anthony

“I’m just hopeful the coach doesn’t dismiss me.”

-OSU President E. Gordon Gee

“That’s the world of prostitution. You never know what you’re going to get.”

-Lawrence Taylor

“Take the vehicle. I have 10 more.”

-Allen Iverson after the police pulled his Lamborghini over.

"We want to make sure that he's really retired first."

- Packers on waiting to retire Bret Favre's #4.

"Buster is laying in front of home plate, and it's like having a disabled car in the middle of a four-lane highway. You're just going to get smacked."

Johnny Bench on the Buster Posey collision

"I ask guys all the time: Guys with blue eyes, brown eyes, whatever ... and guys with blue eyes have a tough time [during the day]."

-Josh Hamilton

"Money is cool and all but I'm only 23, I have a lot of time to make that."

-Christian Lopez after catching Derek Jeter’s 3000th hit

“We don’t pay him to run. We pay him to trot.”

-Jim Leyland on Miguel Cabrera

“Stats are for losers and rings are for champions.”

-Darren McCarty

“National League pitchers are stupid.”

-Mitch Williams on why they pitch to Ryan Howard

“Kobe, five championships; LeBron, zero.”

-Magic Johnson

"If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

-Broncos coach John Fox on Tim Tebow

“When I’ll consider myself a dirty player is when my
mom tells me.”

-Ndamukong Suh

No comments: