Friday, July 1, 2016

Quotes of the Month: June 2016

Quote of the Month: "I will do everything I can as prime minister to steady the ship over the coming weeks and months, but I do not think it would be right for me to try to be the captain that steers the country to its next destination."
 -David Cameron

Stupid Quote of the Month: “If you have a critique for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression. If you have no interest in equal rights for black people, then do not make suggestions to those who do. Sit down.We’re done watching and waiting while this invention called whiteness uses and abuses us, burying black people out of sight and out of mind while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment... ghetto-lyzing and demeaning our creations, then stealing them, gentrifying our genius and then trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit. The thing is — just because we’re magic doesn’t mean we’re not real."
-Jesse Williams

and the rest...
“From where I stand, I feel pretty strong. I don’t feel like I’ve got a lot of years, but I don’t feel old.”
-Neil Young

“He's written a lot of books about business -- they all seem to end at Chapter 11.”
-Hillary Clinton

 “She’s a world-class liar."
-Donald Trump

"Trump has made his campaign all about his ability to win. So if he stops winning, what’s his raison d’etre?"
-Maureen Dowd

"I don't have a recollection of almost anyone I've hung out with."
-Robert Plant

 "I hope he goes to jail."
-Paul Manziel on his son

"Make sure he loses. Grit [your] teeth for four years and win the White House in
2020."
-George Will
 

No comments: