Sunday, January 24, 2016

Quotes of the Year: 2015

Quote of the Year : "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
-Leonard Nimoy

Quote of the Year (Runner Up): "America has shown to me as an immigrant, that it is the land of opportunity. And I appreciate America so much and this is why it was so important for me to give something back. And we have to keep it the #1 country in the world. So I want to say thank you to America; that you have given me everything that I have."
-Arnold Schwartzenegger

And the rest...
"As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again."
-Bono

"What we've said all along, and have been called bigots for it, is when there's this many bad apples, there's something wrong with the orchard."
Bill Maher on Islam

"The interesting thing about Mulder is nominally he is law enforcement but he never solved one case in nine years. So he’s the worst F.B.I. agent of all time."
-David Duchovny

"Fuck you Eddie Van Halen."
-Sammy Hagar

"Whatever you think of Reagan, you have to admit, he had a black belt in badassery."
-Brad Meltzer

"It was all this contemporary music geared for that audience, and it was so disappointing listening to it. Really weak songwriting, insipid vocals and productions. It was really discouraging. I was sorry to hear that. You're waiting for something to happen, musically. You're waiting for some great thing. Like every generation or every decade seemed to have that big thing that carried it through. There's nothing now, at least in rock."

-Alex Liefson

"I felt like I was in a period-piece sometimes. Because I could hear echoes or
sensations of Connery or of Roger, which I didn't try to censor; I'd just allow
them to come in."
-Pierce Brosnan

"Some people think it's a genius album, but I think it's a mishmash of rubbish, kind of like '(Their) Satanic Majesties.'”
-Keith Richards on Sgt. Pepper's

“I’m the only one to separate Siamese twins.”
-Ben Carson

"Calm people live. Tense people die."
-Adam Savage

“Don’t be a slave like I was.”
-Carrie Fisher

No comments: