Friday, January 2, 2015

Political Quotes of the Year: 2014

Quote of the Year:
"Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical to get for the thing to pass. Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not."


-Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

and the rest...

"If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are hopeless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing them with their prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it."


-Mike Huckabee
"He took advantage of a girl that was 20 years old and an intern in his office. There is no excuse for that, and that is predatory behavior. Someone who takes advantage of a young girl in their office? I mean, really. And then they have the gall to stand up and say, 'Republicans are having a war on women?'"


-Rand Paul

"I didn't have a dad in the house, and I was angry about it, even though I didn't necessarily realize it at the time. .... I got high without always thinking about the harm that it could do."




-Barack Obama



"I can do whatever I want."


-Barack Obama

"Putin's playing chess, we're playing marbles."

-Congressman Mike Rogers

"That may not always be sexy. That may not always attract a lot of attention, and it doesn't make for good argument on Sunday morning shows, but it avoids errors. You hit singles; you hit doubles. Every once in a while, we may be able to hit a home run."


-Barack Obama

"Some presidents take their foreign policy from the idealism of Woodrow Wilson, some from the realism of Henry Kissinger. This is foreign policy from Monty Python."

George Will on Obama's foreign policy

"I, myself, deeply regret what happened between me and President Clinton. Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened."


-Monica Lewinsky
"Mr. President, you love to trade people. Why don’t we set up a trade? But this time, instead of five Taliban, how about five Democrats? I’m thinking John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi; couldn’t we send them to Mexico? "It was a joke. Except for Nancy Pelosi, I was serious about her."

-Rand Paul

"I hate that man Obama more than any man I've ever met, more than any man who ever lived."


-Bill Clinton
"Don't ever second guess me again on Hamas."


-Benjamin Netanyahu to John Kerry and Barack Obama
"They just lied to people."


-Barney Frank on The Obama Administration and health care.
"Israel was using its missiles to protect its children. Hamas was using its children to protect its missiles."


-Benjamin Netanyahu
"One cannot win the war with blankets."


-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
"Most of our Democrat voters aren't aware there's even an election on November 4."


-Barack Obama
"I think we're looking at a 30-year war."


-Leon Panetta on ISIS
"There is a feeling that the president has given up on the big issues facing this country."


-Leon Panetta
"Make no mistake, these policies [of mine] are on the ballot, every single one of them."


-Barack Obama
"This administration has been more dangerous to the press than any in American history."


-Susan Page on the Obama Administration
"Thanks to all of you we are heading to Washington. And we are going to make ‘em squeal."


-Joni Ernst
"Have you met Joe Biden?"


-Trey Gowdy on impeachment
"Iran is not your ally. Iran is not your friend. Iran is your enemy. It's not your partner."


-Benjamin Netanyahu
"The White House elevating Sharpton is insulting to black people."


-Juan Williams
"Obama can tolerate a lot -- cluelessness, incompetence, laziness -- but not criticism."


-Charles Krauthammer

No comments: