Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sports Quotes of the Year: 2013


Quote of the Year: “This is our [expletive] city, and nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.”

-Boston Red Sox player David Ortiz after the terror attack on the Boston Marathon

Slam of the Year: “Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!”

-ANNA BURNS WELKER

“This will be my last ride.”

-Ray Lewis announcing his retirement

"If you had to pick between the two, that would be a tough choice, but five beats one every time I look at it."

-Michael Jordan on the question of LeBron vs Kobe

 “I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.”

-JASON COLLINS

"I don’t usually worry about someone’s personal hygiene."

 -Jim Leyland

"I picked the wrong vice. I should have picked alcohol. I should have picked drugs or I should have picked up beating up my wife or girlfriend because if you do those three, you get a second chance."

-PETE ROSE

"Bud Selig is trying to alter his legacy from the commissioner who tacitly condoned steroids to the one who tried to stamp them out."

-Bob Wojonowski Detroit News

"The only thing the HOF will let me in for is to use the restroom."

-Todd Jones

"He [Jay Z] got him a big raise, but he got him an extra 30-day vacation -- and it’s called October."

-Pete Rose on Robinson Cano

 

No comments: