Friday, April 1, 2011

Quotes of the Month: March 2011

Quote of the Month:

"They say I have no hits and I'm difficult to work with. And they say that like it's a bad thing."


-Tom Waits


Dumb Quote of the Month:

“It’s modern-day slavery, you know?”



-Adrian Peterson


And the rest...

“I don’t judge a person by what they’ve done and what they’re going to do.”


-SF Giants Pitcher Brian Wilson on Charlie Sheen

"How much is the hockey and how much is the fighting, we don't really know."

Dr. Robert Cantu on Bob Probert’s CTE

“However, the result is that I have ended up sounding like a tormented weirdo who thinks he was at the Alamo in another life, who feels very sorry for himself, and is retiring hurt because of the bad press over the years.”

-Phil Collins

“A small house fire in LA has been attributed to Charlie Sheen's publicist exploding. No one else was hurt.”

-Simon Pegg

“I’m just hopeful the coach doesn’t dismiss me.”

-OSU President E. Gordon Gee

"I've had a player murdered; I've had a player incarcerated; I've had a player get taken into the drug culture and lose his opportunity for a productive life. And so it was obviously tremendously concerning. Quite honestly, I was scared."

-Jim Tressel

“I would hug them and had some ice cream.”

-Ron Artest on the Miami Heat players crying after a loss

“You can tell I did not do very well in Russian."

-Joe Biden after butchering Mikhail Khodorkovsky’s name in a Moscow speech

“Winning.”

-Charlie Sheen

"I never hugged him, I bombed him."

-Margaret Thatcher

“Who wants to go to Europe. It’s not Detroit.”

-Jalen Rose

“It would be wonderful for people to maybe offer a little help to the Japanese people at this time -- as they’re filling out their brackets.”

-Barack Obama setting priorities

"You keep practicing, you'll go places!"

-Neil Diamond to Bruce Springsteen

“That’s the world of prostitution. You never know what you’re going to get.”

-Lawrence Taylor

"The United States cannot afford, nor do we have the authority, to intervene."

-Rep. Dennis Kucinich

No comments: